This has been a commonly requested fix, and I know that many people (myself included) have had issues with the Flash Uploader in WordPress 2.7. Therefore, I browsed the internet and the WordPress forums until someone finally posted a fix. The issue was not with Flash Player as theorized, but instead something with the upgrade. The Flash Uploader wouldn’t load the “Select Files” button, and therefore all images would have to be uploaded with the Browser Uploader.
Alright, well let’s take a look at the fix.
Okay, this is a pretty quick fix.
- Download the WordPress zip file from WordPress: http://wordpress.org/latest.zip
- Next, extract that zip file to your desktop.
- Now, open your FTP client and connect to your server that is hosting WordPress.
- Navigate to /wp-includes/js/
- Re-upload /swfupload/ from your desktop (in the same directory) and replace the files currently on your server.
- Clear your browser cache.
And you’re done! Hopefully this helps out the people who are puzzling over it. If you have a better solution, please let me know, but this is the best solution I’ve been able to find. Hopefully the WordPress developers fix this issue in later versions.
Thanks for reading, and happy blogging!