Fashion has become so widespread that no part of body has remained untouched by its effect. Piercing is one such kind of fashion that has been tried by people on almost every body part. Snake eyes tongue piercing is a new trend of body piercing. In this type of piercing, the tongue is pierced in the center in different styles. It is like a surface piercing on the top of the tongue near the tip with the help of a barbell.One hole in the center of tongue is the most common and safest way to have your tongue pierced. It is a very rare type of tongue piercing, and is also called snoop piercing. Some people confuse snake eyes piercing with snake bites. However, snake bites are a pair of lip or tongue piercing.
Tongue piercing is believed to be originated in Aztec and Maya cultures. People used to pierce their tongues to honor the God. Gauntlet is always credited for the origin of piercing, as it was the first body piercing studio in the United States. It was also used by Australian Aborigine tribes as a means to get evil spirits out of the body of individuals who were suffering from illnesses.
Since, tongue piercing is the most dangerous type of body piercing, one has to keep a few things in mind. Many oral health physicians do not recommend this type of piercing to everyone. Besides, you also need to keep various other things in consideration before getting your tongue pierced with snake eyes design. These are:
Choose an Expert Piercer:
When you decide to pierce your tongue with snake eyes tongue design, don’t forget to spend a little time to find a right person for this purpose. You need a professional and expert piercer to ensure your good oral health. It will reduce the chances of nerve damage, infections, wrongly placed barbells, and incorrectly done piercings. To confirm that you have approached a right person, ask him questions about his profession. Try to figure out how much experienced he is. If he is not a professional or experienced person, don’t put your oral health in danger. It can cause various major problems.
Aftercare of Tongue:
Though tongue piercing is believed to be the least painful piercing, you should take a good care of it. The wound on the tongue will take three to four weeks to heal. Ice and water will help you reduce the swelling on it. Rinsing tongue with salty water at least twice a day can also reduce the chances of infection.
1. Consult a Doctor: If your tongue is bleeding continuously or you are feeling pain in it, consult a doctor. If you don’t do so, you can suffer from major oral problems.
2. Avoid Eating Spicy Food: When your tongue is healing its wound, you are advised not to eat anything that is spicy. You should also avoid alcohol, cigarette and coffee. Try to eat simple food and soft drinks.
Types of Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing:
1. Tongue Barbells: It is a very popular kind of tongue piercing. In this type of piercing, two rings are placed on the tip of the tongue. It looks cool on everyone, but it may also cause problem to your teeth. It can also cause infection, as your body will observe the chemical used in tongue barbels. So, make sure to use a tongue barbell that is free from dangerous chemicals.
2. Double Tongue Piercing: Double tongue piercing also looks very cool. In this type of piercing, the tongue is pierced vertically with two barbells, giving it a snake eyes shape. A professional and expert piercer knows very well the proper placement of double tongue piercing. He will also suggest you tips to avoid any kind of oral damage.
3. Horizontal Tongue Piercing: Horizontal tongue piercing is another type of surface piercing. In this type of piercing, there will be two holes on your tongue that are connected to each other horizontally. However, it can also cause an oral infection and damage to your teeth. To avoid it, you need to use chemical free materials for piercing.
Risks of Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing:
The pain in this type of piercing is modest, but it is the most risky piercing. In the absence of proper care, it can cause oral infection and damage to teeth. Metal used to pierce the tongue contains mercury that is absorbed by our body. It is very dangerous and risky for health. It may also damage your neuron in the tongue.
Since tongue is one organ with two individual muscles covered by rubbery membrane, piercing makes these two muscles pinned together. It limits the natural movement of your tongue. It also affects your speaking power.
Besides, most of the people find it hard to heal the wound on their tongue. This is why they remove the jewelry which causes bleeding, swelling and sometimes even infection. Snake eyes tongue piercing is more dangerous for your teeth, because the metal used to make the eyes on the tips are closely attached to the teeth.