Women spend a lot of money and time in styling their hair. However, there are some hairstyles for women that require very less time to style and also do not include any cutting or trimming of hair. Half up half down hairstyle is very popular choice among various celebrities and is rapidly gaining popularity among women all across the globe . It is one of the easiest and fastest ways of styling your hair and that too without the help of a hairstylist. For women who do not have time to go to a stylist or are too busy in their work that they are not able to style their hair perfectly should go for this hairstyle.
A half up half down hairstyle is a best option for women who like to keep their hair open. It not only gives an elegant and polished look to your hair but also retains the beauty of soft open hair. In this article we are going to discuss various half up half down hairstyles with some tips that will help you to create these hairstyles at home.
Half Up Half Down Hairstyles for Long Hair
Half up half down hairstyle is perfect for people with long hair. Long hair needs a lot of care and styling. However, it is very difficult for women to keep up the looks of their long hair in an open hairstyle. Thus, a half up half down hairstyle is a perfect way of styling your long hair and still let them swing in open. Long layered hairstyle can be styles using half up half down hairstyle. You can pull up top half hair and pin them to the back while leaving out the length which should fall over the shoulders. This is very easy hairstyle that needs very less hair gel or spray.
Here are some steps that will guide you to style your long hair in this type of hairstyle.
- For this hairstyle you need some volume in your hair so use some shampoo to do so.
- Dry your hair after conditioning. Do not use hairdryer for drying. Let your hair dry naturally.
- Style your hair by adding some layers as this will help to increase the volume of your hair.
- Now with the help of rattail comb, pull your hair back from one side and pin it behind your ear.
- Leave the other side open and make your hair fall over your shoulder.
- Spray some hair spray over your hair for setting.
Half Up Half Down Hairstyle for Curly Hair
Half up half down hairstyle for curly hair looks fabulous with oval, round, triangular and heart shape faces. For curly hair it is required that you should have thin to medium hair density for half up half down hairstyle. For curly hair, the top half hair are pulled up and pinned while rest of the hair length is left falling down on the back. This is one good hairstyle for curly hair but need some hair spray or hair gel to hold the hair together.This half up half down hairstyle is good for women who have natural wavy hair.
In order to create this hairstyle at home, follow the steps given below.
- Shampoo your hair with a volumizing shampoo.
- Condition your hair with a frizz-free conditioner.
- Applying some styling mousse to your rough or damp hair would be wonderful.
- Let your hair dry naturally without the use of dryer.
- For loose and soft curls, curl your hair with a curling iron.
- Take rattail comb, and use it to tease your front hair.
- Once you done teasing and have acquired the required volume in your hair, pull your front hair to the top or back and pin them using hair pins.
- Lift your hair a little bit before pinning in order to increase some volume of your hair.
- Let the rest of hair fall on the back.
- Spray some hair spray to set your hairstyle.
Half Up Half Down Hairstyle for Straight Hair
Straight hair is difficult to style and maintain in a half up half down hairstyle. Thus, a lot of styling gel and spray is required while styling straight hair in half up half down hairstyle. However, straight hair looks fabulous in this hairstyle. A half up half down hairstyle for straight hair is a little similar to that for curly hair. For straight hair top half is pulled up and pinned with an addition of height and lift to the crown. The length of the hair is left out to cover over the shoulders. This type of hairstyle looks god on women with oval, triangular, round or heart shape faces.
To create a half up half down hairstyle for straight hair at home, follow the steps given below.
- Shampoo your hair with a volumizing shampoo.
- Use a shine enhancing conditioner to condition your hair.
- Dry your hair with a hair dryer.
- Now use a comb to create the partition on the crown of your head. You can either create a zigzag partition or use some side bangs.
- Take a small section of your hair from one side and pull it towards the opposite side and pin it at the back.
- You can use as much bobby pins as you require for pinning your hair.
- With the help of a brush, set the hair around the pins.
- Let the rest of the length of hair fall on your shoulders.
- Use hair spray to set your hairstyle.
- You can also some bejeweled barrettes in your hair instead of bobby pins.
This is one of the most popular hairstyles that brides like to carry on their wedding day.